Being Kicked Out of the House

Yes after all these years my HO scale switching railroad is being kicked out of the house. Well at least the wife agreed and I am building a separated building that is 12 ft by 24 ft behind the house . The building will be insulated, heated and air conditioned. I began to work on it today and got down the treated wood for the foundation. I am making it this size so as not to turn it into a storage area. Nothing but the railroad,

Next step is the floor joists than the floor and the framing etc and consider myself lucky to have the opportunity to do this just before I retire this summer.

I am skilled enough to do this myself and with some help. I should begin laying track this summer on a the Moth Lake and Mount Ahab track plan that I have been admiring for years. I plan on a 36 inch entry door and 2 windows quite high up on the walls.

Bill Cabot Arkansas

Reply to
Bill Ford

Bill=A0Ford wrote: Yes after all these years my HO scale switching railroad is being kicked out of the house. Well at least the wife agreed and I am building a separated building that is 12 ft by 24 ft behind the house . The building will be insulated, heated and air conditioned. I began to work on it today and got down the treated wood for the foundation. I am making it this size so as not to turn it into a storage area. Nothing but the railroad, Next step is the floor joists than the floor and the framing etc and consider myself lucky to have the opportunity to do this just before I retire this summer. I am skilled enough to do this myself and with some help. I should begin laying track this summer on a the Moth Lake and Mount Ahab track plan that I have been admiring for years. I plan on a 36 inch entry door and

2 windows quite high up on the walls.

----------------------------------------------------- Wow! A great project to kick off your retirement, Bill! I look forward to hearing about the structure and your railroad as they progress. Good luck!

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
's Books and Toy Trains:
to 1,000 sites:

Bill

Bill

I think you should stand your ground and so no, you don't want your own separate shed. You want to go back in the house :>) Good on ya and good luck with the new layout. Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Nichols

Couldn't happen to a nice guy! Enjoy retirement. Now that I'm retired, I don't know how I ever had time to go to work!

Ed

in article snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3254.bay.webtv.net, Bill at snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote on 1/25/05 7:02 PM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

Post some pictures on the layout construction Yahoo group. I've also admired that layout plan. IMNSHO, one of the very best for its size.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Yep, Bill if you need any help I am just the next state over in Tennessee........................ That is a nice track plan. I started to build that once, but got side tracked PUN INTENDED! It will handle the Bachmann 2-6-6-2 quite nicely. I ran a Sierra 2-6-6-2 on it and it looked pretty good on there.

John

Reply to
John Franklin