lathe turret out of index after crash

I am lost, trying to fix a crashed feeler FT 200A Lathe... After this
crash the turret posisions go bad... If we select a tool nr manually or
with MDI, it just keep turning around and around, and sometimes stop on
random possision.. we cheked all prox swiches and they seem to be okay.. I
wonder if something in the gearbox got knocked out of possision during the
crash,... Its a fanuc Oi-TB control, the turret orientate by prox swiches,
and is driven by hydraulic motor... When we start up the machine the alarm
1003 "turret mis index" quickly pups up without we do anything, and if we
try change tool, alarm 1011 "turret not orientation" comes too... How do
we get the turret back in right possision ? would be happy for any help
Delivered via
Forums
Web and RSS access to your
favorite newsgroup -
rec.crafts.metalworking - 148159 messages and counting!
zarl
There is a Z prox and then a A and B prox that are 90 degrees out of phase in relation to each tool pocket. Z tends to find tool 1, a / b count.
Look at your manual, find the addresses of the three proxes and the look at the ladder display while indexing it to see if they are turning on and off at the correct times.
Now if you did something really bad, it is possible when your turret clamps into he curvic, you are loosing the prox signals.
Is the turret off radially when clamped?
Wes
zarl had written this in response to
: We not put the turret head back yet... just trying toolchange looking at the flange only... looks okay when it clamp, if we try change manually from tool nr1 to nr2, it moves 2 tool possisions.. and sometimes it just keep turning around... if we manually let the selector stay at tool 5, and keep on to push index butten, it moves 2 tool possions each time we push butten.. maybe i am not so good to explain, and understand.. english is not my normal langue... i am not sure how to understand this "turret off radially when clamped"
Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - rec.crafts.metalworking - 148198 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Reply to
zarl
If your tool disk (turret head) was back on, are your tool center heights correct? Some tool disks have radial slots that hold tool holders. When the cutting tool is indexed, you can indicate the pocket to see if it is parallel with your X ways.
Right now it sounds like the control is not seeing reliably one or more of the three proxes used in determining position.
Can you bring up ladder and look at these?
By the way, the site you using is just reposting your message to a usenet group rec.crafts.metalworking .
Wes
Wes
Reply to
Wes