rebuild all after crash

I should probably know this, being CSWP an' all, but after a crash auto-recovered parts open but they're not built properly, as in the tree is there but it needs a CNTRL-Q type rebuild to create the geometry. This is fine, but when there is an assembly it goes mental if there is no geometry for mates etc, so how do you force an entire assembly of parts to rebuild fully? I've never found the rebuild button, or cntrl-q within an assembly to be much use,

SW2006 SP4

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

Was it the parts or the assembly that was open when it crashed?

Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign wrote:

Reply to
TOP

assembly open, parts too, just generally working on stuff, you know how it is - switching between things etc, then BAM: desktop. Autorecover saved my changes but when I open the files following the prompt, nothing is there, and they all require a proper rebuild to get the geometry back.

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

I have a macro that someone wrote called Force Rebuild3 that will go through the whole assy file all the way down to the last part and rebuild. Go to

to find it.

WT

"Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@despina.uk.clara.net...

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

great, thanks - though dont you think that SW should have this as a function - rebuild all or something?