10EE turret lathe

I own a couple Monarch 10EEs and have watched Ebay 10EEs for years...

I've never seen a turret style before. Sort of like a hardinge chucker. If the SO wouldn't shoot me, I'd buy it just for the collector's value.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Looks like a nice machine, just needs a little paint and cleaning. But it seems rather short for this size machine... Am I missing something, or is it designed primarily for shorter pieces rather than long work between centers. Would be plenty ridgid for larger faceplate or chuck work, though.w

Reply to
woodworker88

This is the standard size 10EE - 12" swing by 20" long. As its a tool room quality machine, there's a LOT more beef there than other lathes this size.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I am very sad that I cannot own anything like this at this point in my life. Maybe later.

Ignoramus28084

Karl

Buy it and by the time it arrives someone here will think of something to tell the SO if there is a problem. Tell her she is a partner in the investment and will be expected to clean it up!!

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Hey Karl,

I wonder if that is the motor for it off to the left of the headstock. It would certainly do away with any purchasers fears/worries about needing "3 phase", or "not enough amps in the garage".

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I didn't notice that. My son certainly would have. Just the thing for his super-modified race car he's putting the final touches on.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend