Hyundai lathe turret fixed

Not even sure why I'm posting here. This will get lost in all the OT
BS. Posted back in 2010 on my turret indexing problems with my
Hyundai HIT-18S lathe. Seems the splined shaft/flange was worn out -
way too much slop. Ran for a while by sticking shims in the splines.
Finally spent the 2 grand and bought the part. WOW, no more wiggley
turret!
Learned something, the turret is not keyed or fixed to the splined
flange (hub) in the middle at all. It has a male/female cone fiction
coupling. I guess that's supposed to slip when there's a crash.
Randy
Remove 333 to reply.
Randy
Reply to
Randy333
Randy, Thanks for posting an ON Topic item.
Best, Steve
Reply to
Garlicdude