Hyundai lathe turret fixed

Not even sure why I'm posting here. This will get lost in all the OT BS. Posted back in 2010 on my turret indexing problems with my
Hyundai HIT-18S lathe. Seems the splined shaft/flange was worn out - way too much slop. Ran for a while by sticking shims in the splines. Finally spent the 2 grand and bought the part. WOW, no more wiggley turret!
Learned something, the turret is not keyed or fixed to the splined flange (hub) in the middle at all. It has a male/female cone fiction coupling. I guess that's supposed to slip when there's a crash.
Randy Remove 333 to reply. Randy
Randy333 wrote:

Randy, Thanks for posting an ON Topic item.
Best, Steve