Athearn "Blue Box" F Units

I was just wondering if the shells were interchangeable with Athearn Genesis chassis/drive trains?

Reply to
DCC Models

Frank

You mean you want to put a Blue Box shell on a Genesis chassis??? Not too sure but I can't see why not. It might be about how to keep the shell on as the Genesis shell is held on by the port hole window clip. This clip will not fit the Athearn "bb" shell If it's the other way around and you want the Genesis shell on the Blue Box chassis then I can say definitly yes. I have done this with the Highliners (Genesis) shells onto blue box chassis and they just clip on. There was just a fraction of mold cleaning to do on the chassis side frame for neat fit but it does work.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Nichols