Help with house design

Hi, I've created a floor plan using the line function then copied 2 references of it and created a plane for the floor and created an editable poly and extruded upwards for the walls. The main problem I am

getting though is that when I want to cut in a window or door to the walls I am only able to do it on the poly face I am looking at. Which obviously means I then have to align the vertices on both cuts and then

create some poly's for the insides of the window. I am pretty new at this and wondered whether I was going about it the right way. The house

is a pretty simple layout but I'd like to get it as close to the original building as possible. I have also tried using the slice plane tool but find that it is quite difficult to get the desired lines in it. Perhaps I just need to practice it a bit more.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cunning

(Using 3DS Max)

Reply to
Cunning

have you tried the subtract command? you need to flip your ucs up on the correct axis & draw a rectangle,,extrude it at least as thick as the wall & subtract it from the wall.

Reply to
longshot