CLIPBOARD MESS?

Gurus - I had Autocad2004 and now I am in the process of moving to 2007.
However I suddenly seeing that functions related to the clipboard are
messed up. For example, I no longer can select object(s) and then hit
Del, but I have to click erase and select the objects and hit Enter when
done selecting. Also, I cannot copy objects form one drawing to
another. Can anybody shed some light on this? TIA