Wildfire: Ref Dims in Part/Assy mode

Need some help with Part/Assembly mode Ref Dims in Wildfire. Okay, I can create them using Edit-Set Up-Ref Dim. No problems there. But while the Ref Dims are still visible, I can't select them to change their 'Properties'. I'd like to be able to modify their Num Digits, move them, etc. No matter what selection filter I try, they simply cannot be selected. The only way that I have found to work around this is to select an actual 'Feature' that one of the witness lines references, then right-click and choose Edit. This will bring up the Ref Dim(s) along with the selected feature's actual Driving dimensions. From there I can select them to change their 'Properties'.

Has anyone else experimented with Wildfire's Ref Dim functionality and hit up on this same issue? Shouldn't the user be able to select Ref Dims for Num Digits and Move operations right after having created them while they are still visible onscreen?

S.T.

Reply to
S.T.

The selection process you mention, selecting/highlighting the dimension, RMB the interactive menu and picking Properties is part of the new object/action interface style. When the Setup functions get recast in the object/action mold, you probably will be able to create a ref dim, leave it highlighted and RMB the interactive menu and pick Properties. But you will probably have to wait a rev for that.

Generally though when I've wanted a reference dimension, I've redefined the feature it should be attached to and put it in the sketch. Actually, I've tried to create them as much as possible when I created the feature. Then it appears directly when you edit the feature, instead of as an afterthought with 'Setup>Ref dim'. Obviously, it can be done but it really is kind of the round-about way doing them.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes