Select all dimensions

rel 2001, how do I select all dimensions to modify their properties by means of a box, rather then selecting them all individually with the shift key?
thanks
Dave
"dakeb" wrote...

means
Hopefully all of your dims are in a separate layer. If so turn off and freeze all layers except dims then select them using a window or crossing or by typing ALL when the prompt asks for a selection.

key?
or
But the Edit/Properties command is greyed out until AFTER selection! There is no prompt.

Is draw_models_read_only set to Yes?
: > "dakeb" wrote... : > > rel 2001, how do I select all dimensions to modify their properties by : > means : > > of a box, rather then selecting them all individually with the shift : key? : > : > Hopefully all of your dims are in a separate layer. If so turn off and : > freeze all layers except dims then select them using a window or crossing : or : > by typing ALL when the prompt asks for a selection. : > : But the Edit/Properties command is greyed out until AFTER selection! There : is no prompt. : I couldn't get it to show Properties if a note or any nondimension text got selected. But if I Ctrl clicked to unselect it, Properties now appeared as a selection.

If 2001 has a Find tool using it is probably more appropriate than using layer manipulations (you won't get the extraneous entities that disable an operation).

Edit/Find in Sheet only tells me how many dimensions are on the sheet. It doesn't even highlight them like it's supposed to, let alone select them.
: > I couldn't get it to show Properties if a note or : > any nondimension text got selected. But if I Ctrl : > clicked to unselect it, Properties now appeared as : > a selection. : : If 2001 has a Find tool using it is probably more appropriate than using : layer manipulations (you won't get the extraneous entities that disable : an operation). : Yeah, good point! Find is pretty handy for a lot of stuff, including placing things on layers. It can even distinguish between driven and driving dimensions.
Can't remember when it came in. I don't remember seeing/using until Wildfire, but that could just mean that there were areas of 2001 I didn't get around to exploring.
BTW, drawing_models_readonly set to yes kills Properties, for sure. It does it, no matter how you select stuff. But its effect is very broad: you can't edit any dimension value, propterty, tolerance, num digits, nada. Locks you out from changing anything that normally gets stored back to the model.

by
and
crossing
There
got
Ctrl only affects the screen zom, not selection. I can only select multiple dimensions using shift-click. Then I can't unselect any.
: > : > >"dakeb" wrote... : > : > > rel 2001, how do I select all dimensions to modify their properties by means : > : > > of a box, rather then selecting them all individually with the shift key?
: > : > Hopefully all of your dims are in a separate layer. If so turn off : and : > : > freeze all layers except dims then select them using a window or : crossing : > : or : > : > by typing ALL when the prompt asks for a selection. : > : > : > : But the Edit/Properties command is greyed out until AFTER selection! : There : > : is no prompt. : > : : > I couldn't get it to show Properties if a note or any nondimension text : got : > selected. But if I Ctrl clicked to unselect it, Properties now appeared as : a : > selection. : > : : Ctrl only affects the screen zom, not selection. I can only select multiple : dimensions using shift-click. Then I can't unselect any. : After you get them selected, however you do it, isn't there something in an RMB activated menu that could help with deselecting? I mean, there HAS to be a way to deselect! At very least, shift clicking something ought to deselect as well as select. No? Pro/GOOFY strikes again?!?
wrote

properties by

shift
off
text
appeared as

multiple
an RMB

way to

well as

No, there is no deselect. If you shift-click an already selected dimension you just start dragging all the selected dimensions simultaneously. Lorra good that is! RMB just gives you the dims modification menu.
: rel 2001, how do I select all dimensions to modify their properties by means : of a box, rather then selecting them all individually with the shift key? : Is this the problem of the selection 'fence' icon being grayed out? If you don't even have one, you can go to 'Customize Screen>Commands>Edit' (while you're in Drawing mode). The icon palette should have several selection icons, including the fence. If all that's working, you hold down the left mouse button and drag the fence around a bunch of dimensions and they should select. In WF this selection method is on and working by default, but I don't see any way, in config.pro or anywhere else, to turn it on or off. Hey, I hope someone running 2001 can be more help.
David Janes

means
key?
don't
you're in

including the

the
selection
config.pro or

be more

I don't have 'Edit' under 'Customize Screen>Commands>
: I don't have 'Edit' under 'Customize Screen>Commands> : If you have an icon for Regenerate, the selection icons might be in that toolbar, whatever it's called. Hopefully, someone who's looking at 2001 can tell you definitively that you should or should not have this functionality. Hard to believe they changed that much stuff in WF, but it's been over a year since I've seen 2001 so I just don't remember.
#PICK MANY
: : Must all of the menus are still running behind the stupid WildFire : interface. : None of this stuff is a problem in WF. If anything, it fixed some of the problems that the switch to 2001 caused. Dragging a box to select multiple dimensions is the default and works quite well. Then you can RMB 'Properties' and change tolerance mode, tolerance value, num digits, etc.
As far as the interface changes, I remember similar complaints when they started using icons. But anything that was iconized was superior to the jerky, flashy mapkey equivalent. IMO, the only thing mapkeys ever did was to get you quickly to a point where you could spend half your time shifting around a bunch of gawky, gangly windows. The stuff in Pro/e that's been streamlining the interface has been all to the good and is making the program much more useable. In addition, functionality is getting fixed. I've not heard anyone complain that the rib or draft function are worse in WF. I take that to be confirmation of my estimate that they've been much improved. It also can't hurt the program and its usability that PTC is making efforts to get rid, slowly, of the free floating windows in favor of using screen regions on a full screen program. You can see this not only in the Dashboard but also in the multiple uses of the left side of the screen for a Model Tree, Layer Tree and some file management functions which are more and more Java based and work with J-Link for builtin interface programmability. True, it aint your Daddy's Cadillac, but it don't stink like your Daddy's Cadillac, either.
David Janes
wrote

Wild fire is one step forward and two step back. 2001 is the only solid version so far!
Says who. Who wrote the rules? There is no rules for interfaces. Just because Solid works has tones of icons we have to follow it.
The best interface is no interface. Which eventually we will get there with Direct Modeling. Push buttons if you want I would rather use my keyboard!
Yes my mapkeys are very flashy Thank you very much. That is how I learned to use ProE "18" and I continue to automate all the Redundant steps that the Marketing from PTC trows at you.
I use WF everyday and I moving forward. I'm not stock in the past. WF is here to stay and we all have to learn it like or not but interface is not there yet. The dashboard is good for the new users but it doesn't do a thing to me. Solid Edge had one many many years ago. It doesn't give you any feedback! It is just there to be pushed at random! The Dashboard it will continue to mature on the next version! More changes!
Push buttons on the dashboard until the cowls come home if I care but I would rather let the computer to take me to the sketcher in one stroke.
But is Ok for you continue to push icons or you could use the Escape key to close this window. Go for it!

There is nothing wrong with using icons, just as there is nothing wrong with using the keyboard, it comes down to personal preference. I used your mapkey with thanks, but made an icon for it and placed it on my toolbar, and that is perfect for me. It's much better than shift-selecting all the dimensions and then rmb clicking. I can't see us moving to WF for some time yet.
Dave
Thanks Marco, the ModDim mapkey worked great. I added an icon to my menu bar. The Drag Window mapkey is not required as the ModDim mapkey automatically brings up a GET SELECT menu in the Menu Manager, which has a Pick Many option!

#PICK MANY

No problem.
Dave have you ever try the 2 clicks to the sketcher.
1. Select Datum plane for the sketcher. "It must turn RED"/ 2. Insert- Protrusion-Extrude.
You are in the sketcher in 2 steps, no mapkeys.
You can't do this on WF anymore!
Have you try changing the scale of your Datum Planes?
As you know the Default units is about 500 units too big for me but If you are creating big parts leave it as it is or try this.
Open your Start part or create one.
Open Model tree - Right click on each Datum plane and Redefine -Attributes- Done - Fit Radius -Done. Change to 8.000 units or whatever size do you usually work with.
Next time you are in the sketcher everything is pretty close to your default scale.
I hope you like it.
PTC should have a wizard that would help you customize your Start Part and Start Drawings and many others little tweaks that takes years to figure it out!
That would attract new customer!
Marco