changing patterned text

rel 2001

I have a group of features that includes a datum curve which is a text legend. I want to pattern the group, but then modify the text legend, basically to increment a number. Is this possible? Or can I not modify patterned text?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

Solution thanks to Terry Johnson on the Pro-User group:

Unpattern turns the instances into copies, and the text may be edited for each instance :-)

Reply to
dakeb

Ya know, that's not a bad answer, but, doesn't it bother you that there's still such a lot of hand labor (aka, jerking off) involved going through this patterned text and redifining the number text? Why not solve the problem before it starts, with something like a relation that references the pattern increment or index to change the number text. I don't know, maybe sketcher's the problem but you can do relations in sketcher, can't you? A variable that is placed in a file that's read into sketcher text? I don't know, seems like there ought to be something to get you out of editing all that crap.

Reply to
David Janes

Oh yeah, I agree. Maybe there is a better way. But like most things in Proe, if it isn't obvious it'll take hours to find it.

Reply to
dakeb