Select all dimensions

"Marco Savary" wrote in message news:Xns952082C5A4968bmw@204.127.36.1... : "dakeb" wrote in : news:ccj0bi$bsd$ snipped-for-privacy@rdel.co.uk: : : > Thanks Marco, the ModDim mapkey worked great. I added an icon to my : > menu bar. The Drag Window mapkey is not required as the ModDim mapkey : > automatically brings up a GET SELECT menu in the Menu Manager, which : > has a Pick Many option! : >

: >

: > "Marco Savary" wrote in message : > news:Xns951F8633B8368bmw@204.127.36.1... : >>

: >> You can rename it for what make senses for you : >>

: >> mapkey 4 @MAPKEY_LABELMod : >> Dim;#MODIFY;#DIMENSION;@PAUSE_FOR_SCREEN_PICK;\ : >>

: >> mapkey(continued) @PAUSE_FOR_SCREEN_PICK; : >

: >>

: >> mapkey $F7 @MAPKEY_NAME Drag Window To Modify Dimensions;\ : >>

: >> mapkey(continued) : >> @MAPKEY_LABELModify_Dimensions_Many;#MODIFY;#DIMENSION; #PICK MANY : >

: >

: >

: : No problem. : : Dave have you ever try the 2 clicks to the sketcher. : : 1. Select Datum plane for the sketcher. "It must turn RED"/ 2. Insert- : Protrusion-Extrude. : : You are in the sketcher in 2 steps, no mapkeys. : : You can't do this on WF anymore! : : Have you try changing the scale of your Datum Planes? : : As you know the Default units is about 500 units too big for me but If you : are creating big parts leave it as it is or try this. : : Open your Start part or create one. : : Open Model tree - Right click on each Datum plane and Redefine -Attributes- : Done - Fit Radius -Done. Change to 8.000 units or whatever size do you : usually work with. : : Next time you are in the sketcher everything is pretty close to your : default scale. : : I hope you like it. : Yes, I have done this too for years. It is a way to set the size of your "working world". There are two drawbacks people should be aware of. First, this adds numbers to your model that your model doesn't really need and that will show up on your drawing any time you use 'Show all' on the Show and Erase panel. I use this quite a bit at the end of detailing to get it to show stuff I've missed. It's a nuisance having it show stuff that I absolutely do not and never will need, then making me erase it. Second drawback is that when you exceed the radius, the datum plane outline doesn't adjust to the feature but stays at the set radius limit. Again, just a nuisance. But the nuisances do point out something: you idea, Marco, of a wizard to set up start parts, including something a little more elegant than 'fit radius' to set one's working world to smaller (or larger) than 500 units. But, yes, a wizard to get the average user (who doesn't have hours to spend figuring out obscure options) working the way they want, with the options set for them. Excellent idea, I hope you submit it to PTC.

: PTC should have a wizard that would help you customize your Start Part and : Start Drawings and many others little tweaks that takes years to figure it : out! : : That would attract new customer! : Absolutely, and if PTC ever figures out that, to succeed, they really need a growing *mass* base, not just a bunch of big corporations, they'll be dynamite. A good product with crappy marketing and a crappy attitude toward their customers will kill them.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I use a set of datum curves representing orthogonal axes for this, linked to a parameter so the "model size" can be adjusted if desired (helps if you want to set abs accuracy to some value that's outside the normal bounds prior to importing external geometry).

The dimension don't bother me, as I usually show by feature and clean up as I go, but if they are a nuisance export the curves and bring into your start part. Suppress or delete the import feature after creating some "real" geometry..

===============================

Reply to
Jeff Howard
"

Yeah! I take it back. Do not mess with Fit Radius unless you know the trade off!

Maybe PTC doesn't want to be appealing to the masses!

The Wizard can be done. "I've seen one for Pro20". Anyone with some Visual Basic skill could create it but until PTC stops messing with the interface it would be obsolete on the next version!

Yeah David, I would submit it if I could but for I know unless you own Hundreds of Licenses you are voiceless to PTC !

Marco

Reply to
Marco Savary