modifying tolerances in part mode

Maybe I'm losing it but, in the part mode, if you have "dimension tolerances" in your environment checked, can we make changes to the tolerances by clicking on the tolerances in light grey text near the bottom right side of the screen? I can modify it in the drawing mode (that relates back to the part) but I can't do anything with it in the part mode.

I'm working at a different company using wildfire 3 now. I was using

2001 for the last several years and I sure thought I could modify the tolerance in part mode using that text area at the other company. Any thoughts on this?
Reply to
nancynivoy

Maybe I'm losing it but, in the part mode, if you have "dimension tolerances" in your environment checked, can we make changes to the tolerances by clicking on the tolerances in light grey text near the bottom right side of the screen? I can modify it in the drawing mode (that relates back to the part) but I can't do anything with it in the part mode.

I'm working at a different company using wildfire 3 now. I was using 2001 for the last several years and I sure thought I could modify the tolerance in part mode using that text area at the other company. Any thoughts on this? The way I think it works is this: you pick a feature, RMB 'Edit' and if the tolerance shows up with the dimension, you can edit it there. Otherwise, you have to select and RMB 'Properties' to get to the tolerance. And usually this means you have to switch from Nominal for dimension display to some tolerance mode, like limits. Another possibility for the observed difference is that, in config.pro, tolerance mode (tol_mode) is set to Nominal, so no tolerance displays when you do 'Edit' on a feature.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes