Remove tolerance display from graphics window?

How do I remove the tolerance display from the graphics window? Is it a config.pro setting?

x.x +-0.1 x.xx +-0.01 x.xxx +-0.005 ANG. +-0.5

Reply to
sws

'Tools>Options', set TOL_DISPLAY to No. And don't forget to save the config.pro file to where it will load by default.

Reply to
David Janes

This also takes the tolerance out of the dimensions. I take it these 2 things are controlled by this one variable?

Is there a way to be able to select tolerances on dimensions but not have the tolerances diplayed on the screen?

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

This also takes the tolerance out of the dimensions. I take it these 2 things are controlled by this one variable?

Is there a way to be able to select tolerances on dimensions but not have the tolerances diplayed on the screen?

Well, this is a can of worms. Yeah, Mike, you're right: when you set TOL_DISPLAY to No, you get rid of the annoying screen label, but ALSO the tolerance value set with any tolerance mode besides nominal will not display. HOWEVER,

  • upper/lower tolerance value still shows up when you run Properties on a dimension of an edited feature; and they can also be changed, even while the Tolerance Mode is greyed out;

  • drawing mode has its own TOL_DISPLAY which separately sets whether tolerances display in Properties; set to No, you not only won't see them on screen but they're greyed out in Properties and inaccessible for display in the drawing, irrespective of whether set to Yes in the part; set to Yes, you can display tolerances and change tolerance modes, even if config options are set to to No and Nominal, as above;

  • setting TOL_DISPLAY to Yes and TOL_MODE to Nominal also shows the idiotic tolerance label onscreen but not tolerances on the dimensions; you can, then, change the tolerance mode to other than nominal and show tolerances, selectively, by dimension. This may be the best: create the dimensions with nominal value, set the tolerance but display it only when needed;

  • default tolerance values are/were set with LINEAR_TOL, ANGULAR_TOL (don't think there is a radial tolerance); now these may be superceded by ISO-style tolerance tables; or perhaps this depends on what TOLERANCE_STANDARD or TOLERANCE_CLASS is set. Worms, anyone? Hey, maybe in another 20 years they'll be able to separate the display of legimate tolerance values from the goofy onscreen label. Bets, anyone!?!

Oh, and how about, just for laughs, we throw in the rampant confusion between tolerance and accuracy in Pro/e! Absolute accuracy? Relative accuracy? Maybe in 20 years they'll get the idea it's not such a good thing to name things to be deliberately misleading. BTW, the only reason anyone gives something such an absurd name as 'absolute accuracy' is for obfuscation. Okay, I admit it, I'm a sucker for a conspiracy theory. Though I do recongnize the legitimacy of arguments for gross ignorance and incompetance and the explanatory power of such arguments.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes