Part Tolerances

I would like to add the fit for a hole / shaft ect.. when designing my parts so when it comes to detailing all that information is already captured and can be easily added to the drawing (with show/erase?) when it comes time. Can someone please inform me of a good method to do this?

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Bulsador

As you create a feature, ensure the dimensioning scheme is consistent with how you need to tolerance it for manufacturing.

Then after creating the feature, choose Edit for that feature to show the dimensions. Select a dimension and right-click to reach the Properties menu. Here you can enter tolerance type and tolerances. Note that when you enter a tolerance that is not symmetrical, the actual part dimension will become the mid-tolerance value, not the nominal.

Once all of this is built into the model the Show/Erase function in drawing mode will bring this data into the views.

There is plenty of additional info in the Help menus.

David

Reply to
David Geesaman

Bulsador wrote: > I would like to add the fit for a hole / shaft ect.. when designing > my parts so when it comes to detailing all that information is already > captured and can be easily added to the drawing (with show/erase?) > when it comes time. Can someone please inform me of a good method to > do this? > > Thanks for your help! > As you create a feature, ensure the dimensioning scheme is consistent with how you need to tolerance it for manufacturing.

Then after creating the feature, choose Edit for that feature to show the dimensions. Select a dimension and right-click to reach the Properties menu. Here you can enter tolerance type and tolerances. Note that when you enter a tolerance that is not symmetrical, the actual part dimension will become the mid-tolerance value, not the nominal.

Once all of this is built into the model the Show/Erase function in drawing mode will bring this data into the views.

There is plenty of additional info in the Help menus.

David We're also talking about geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, especially when mating two ends of a shaft because size AND position come into play. The part must try to capture what is really only clear in the assembly, i.e., they must line up side to side.

For this to work, it implies common datum references, datuming to mating surfaces and machined locating surfaces, true position location/tolerance of holes, including potential features of size. This site is most valuable and will help with understanding GD&T:

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

ly when mating two ends of a shaft because size AND position come into play= . The part must try to capture what is really only clear in the assembly, i= .e., they must line up side to side.

surfaces and machined locating surfaces, true position location/tolerance o= f holes, including potential features of size. This site is most valuable a= nd will help with understanding GD&T:

Thanks for your time and help!

Reply to
Bulsador