Part Tolerances

I would like to add the fit for a hole / shaft ect.. when designing my parts so when it comes to detailing all that information is already
captured and can be easily added to the drawing (with show/erase?) when it comes time. Can someone please inform me of a good method to do this?
Thanks for your help!
Bulsador wrote:

As you create a feature, ensure the dimensioning scheme is consistent with how you need to tolerance it for manufacturing.
Then after creating the feature, choose Edit for that feature to show the dimensions. Select a dimension and right-click to reach the Properties menu. Here you can enter tolerance type and tolerances. Note that when you enter a tolerance that is not symmetrical, the actual part dimension will become the mid-tolerance value, not the nominal.
Once all of this is built into the model the Show/Erase function in drawing mode will bring this data into the views.
There is plenty of additional info in the Help menus.
David
wrote:<BR>&gt; I would like to add the fit for a hole / shaft ect..&nbsp; when designing<BR>&gt; my parts so when it comes to detailing all that information is already<BR>&gt; captured and can be easily added to the drawing (with show/erase?)<BR>&gt; when it comes time.&nbsp; Can someone please inform me of a good method to<BR>&gt; do this?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks for your help!<BR>&gt; <BR>As you create a feature, ensure the dimensioning scheme is consistent <BR>with how you need to tolerance it for manufacturing.<BR><BR>Then after creating the feature, choose Edit for that feature to show <BR>the dimensions.&nbsp; Select a dimension and right-click to reach the <BR>Properties menu.&nbsp; Here you can enter tolerance type and tolerances. <BR>Note that when you enter a tolerance that is not symmetrical, the actual <BR>part dimension will become the mid-tolerance value, not the nominal.<BR><BR>Once all of this is built into the model the Show/Erase function in <BR>drawing mode will bring this data into the views.<BR><BR>There is plenty of additional info in the Help menus.<BR><BR>David</BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>We're also talking about geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, especially when mating two ends of a shaft because size AND position come into play. The part must try to capture what is really only clear in the assembly, i.e., they must line up side to side.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>For this to work, it implies common datum references, datuming to mating surfaces and machined locating surfaces, true position location/tolerance of holes, including potential features of size. This site is most valuable and will help with understanding GD&amp;T: </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial><A href="http://www.tec-ease.com/tips/jul-07.htm ">http://www.tec-ease.com/tips/jul-07.htm </A></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>David Janes</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=

Thanks for your time and help!