import parameters

We are changing the list of parameters that we use on our start parts. Currently I have set up a mapkey that I use when I have older parts that don't have our new parameters. Is it possible to just import or some how open and save a list of parameters into a part? Mapkey works fine except that we still have to enter the name of each parameter as well as the value of each.

We are using wildfire 3 with no intralink or windchill.

Reply to
nancynivoy

We are changing the list of parameters that we use on our start parts. Currently I have set up a mapkey that I use when I have older parts that don't have our new parameters. Is it possible to just import or some how open and save a list of parameters into a part? Mapkey works fine except that we still have to enter the name of each parameter as well as the value of each.

We are using wildfire 3 with no intralink or windchill. No good news here; and the only way I know of is maybe the worst way you can imagine. Because if requires setting up and running, in batch mode, Modelcheck. It can do what you're trying to do. But the upfront learning curve is daunting. And I've only ever run across one thing online about configuring it. And don't you also want to MOVE values from some old parameters to some new ones?

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

You can use relations. Create a relations file with your parameters in. Export the current relations to a file, then import the new relations file with your parameters,regenerate, then import the exported relations file and your parameters will now be set.

Reply to
ronwarduk