Mapkey problems (create standard views)

I just recently made the move from Pro/E 2001 to Wildfire 2.0 and I am still
in the process where the commands were moved. Most of the mapkeys still work
and some I have had to redo, but I am having trouble fixing my mapkey that I
use to create the standard views for imported assemblies and parts. Listed
below is the Pro/E 2001 version, could someone please tell me why it won't
work in Wildfire? The mapkey rotates the parts correctly for each view, but
none of the views are saved???
mapkey $F12 #VIEW;#NAMES;#SAVE;Front;#ORIENTATION;#ANGLES;#HORIZ;90;\
mapkey(continued)
#DONE/ACCEPT;#NAMES;#SAVE;Top;#ORIENTATION;#ANGLES;#HORIZ;180;#DONE/ACCEPT;\
mapkey(continued)
#NAMES;#SAVE;Bottom;#ORIENTATION;#ANGLES;#HORIZ;90;#DONE/ACCEPT;#ANGLES;\
mapkey(continued)
#VERT;90;#DONE/ACCEPT;#NAMES;#SAVE;Left;#ORIENTATION;#ANGLES;#VERT;90;\
mapkey(continued)
#DONE/ACCEPT;#NAMES;#SAVE;Back;#ORIENTATION;#ANGLES;#VERT;90;#DONE/ACCEPT;\
mapkey(continued)
#NAMES;#SAVE;Right;#ORIENTATION;#ANGLES;#VERT;90;#DONE/ACCEPT;#RETRIEVE;\
mapkey(continued)
#FRONT;#DONE/ACCEPT;#ORIENTATION;#ANGLES;#VERT;-40;#HORIZ;30;#DONE/ACCEPT;\
mapkey(continued)
#NAMES;#SAVE;ISO;#RETRIEVE;#FRONT;#DONE/ACCEPT;#ORIENTATION;#ANGLES;#VERT;\
mapkey(continued)
140;#HORIZ;30;#DONE/ACCEPT;#NAMES;#SAVE;REAR_ISO;#RETRIEVE;#FRONT;\
mapkey(continued) #DONE-RETURN;
Thanks
Reply to
Brooke
I cut and pasted your mapkey into my WF2 config.pro and tried to run it on a model 'opened' from an iges file. It bombs, couldn't tell why. Then I looked at 'Tools>Options' and every line of it has a slashed circle next to it, indicating it's obsolete, no longer supported or at least has some illegal commands in it.
Why not just recreate it, going through the steps to set up these views and recording them in WF2. Or better yet, start a new part from a start part so that it has views, layers, parameters, everything you want in the part by default. Then import your data with 'Insert>Shared Data>From file'. It takes a couple seconds longer maybe, but it makes a part that's consistent with the rest of your parts.
BTW, since Pro/e's cheapo mapkey interface never heard of debugging and you have to visually scan the text with a text editor outside of Pro/e, fixing mapkeys is a ridiculous PITA and hardly ever worth the trouble.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
I finally ended up creating a new mapkey in Wildfire, but it is slow. I went in an manually edited the mapkey but it is still slow. I normally create a new part and then import the external data into it, but how do you do that with a 400 piece assembly? If you know how the I would greatly appreciate it if you would tell me how...
Thanks
Reply to
Brooke
First, the difficulty/possibility of accomplishing this is not based, in Pro/e, on how you do it, i.e., on whether you directly open the neutral file data or create a part first then use 'Insert>Shared Data>From File' to import the data. Either way, you should wind up with the same assembly, except that in the latter case, you'll have your typical template setup with views, layers, parameters, etc.
I've had trouble doing it but it was due to mistakes I was making. When I first tried importing a multipart assembly, I wound up with a single import feature. But that was because I tried importing an assembly into a part file. When I created an assembly and did the import, it worked pretty much the way I wanted. The other mistake I've made is, when given the option, selecting to import surfaces instead of solids. Besides winding up with a collection of patches and quilts which were often 'broken', I had to manually 'solidify' them to get the ability to assign meterials or densities and get mass properties. Of course, even if it comes through as a solid, but without density/material assigned, you're still in a world of hurt. But that would be true no matter how you imported it.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes

Site Timeline