See the sections of a rotational blend

Hi,

I have created a rotational blend with 4 sections. I'm able to see the 4 sections (with the dimensions) in the 3D graphics but it gets all clutter. Is it possible to see only the 4 sections without seeing the dimensions that were use to create them? Thanks for your help.

Pablo,

Reply to
Pablo

When you double click on the rotational blend feature, that's when you get not only the outlines of the blend sections but all the dimensions as well, right!?! That's about the same as doing Edit or Modify (depending on the version of Pro/e you're using, you didn't say). These sections are internal to the feature until you get to Wildfire 2 where you are urged to use external sketches which can be viewed and edited outside of redefining the feature that uses them.

Reply to
David Janes

Hi,

I didn't know that we could create the rotational blend by using previously created datum curves (by using Selec sec). The last time that I used the rotational blend feature was on Pro/E 2001. By the way now, I'm using Pro/E WF2.

Reply to
Pablo

Hi,

Actually the "Selec sec" option is available also in ProE 2001, what I meant was that I have always been taught to create the sections internally. Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Pablo

Yes, Selec Sec is as close as the Blend functionality comes to the Dashboard and it has been around for a while. When it gets into the Dashboard mode, you'll pick several sketches (like the old sketched curves), RMB 'Blend' or 'Extrusion' and get the Dashboard with a bunch of options, like you normally get now ~ solid/surface, thin/solid, cut, etc. Maybe, for a rotational blend, you'll have to pick an axis to rotate about. Hit the check mark and you're done. And, when you figure out that you wanted it to be a cut instead of a solid, you won't lose all that internal sketch geometry from the sections. You'll just click the Remove material button.

Reply to
David Janes