Pro E Help Help

I'm trying to animate a piston/cylinder. I have constrained it using a slider, and now I need to make a driver. Pro/E tells me to click on Animation > Driver, but I can't find "Animation" anywhere. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? I do have the Mechanism Design module.

Thanks

Jurgen

Reply to
Jurgen

When you make your barrel part, create a point at the end of your stoke on the axis. This will be your reference point.. Create another point on the piston axis and face to be use as a follower point. Assemble the components using the "cylinder" option and the axis as references.

Select Mechanism>Model>servo motors>new Select Point as your driven entity. Choose the point on the rod as your driven entity. Chose the reference point on the barrel. Choose the motion direction on the axis (flip if required) Select Profile and set up your motion using Cosine. Using a 12 inch stroke: A=6 B=180 C=6 T=10 For other strokes A and C = Stroke/2 Next choose Analysis New>motors Select "Run" All should work if you have done it right. You can then save this analysis and playback the result.

Doug

Reply to
Doug