pro-mechanica motion manual!!

Hello! I need some manual or example material for pro-mechanica motion. Is there anyone who help me with this? Even just example material will be helpful for me! Thanks a lot

Mike(another Mike)

Reply to
Mike Kim

Dear Mike,

Are you sure that you need to use Mechanica Motion? The product has now been replaced with 2 mechanism products: Mechanism Design Extension (MDX) and Mechanism Dynamics Option (MDO). MDX allows you to do kinematics and is included in Pro/Engineer. MDO is an 'add-on' module, included in the high-end Flelx3C package, or it can be bought separately. I believe both MDX and MDO are included in the Student edition.

If it's Motion that you need, then make sure that you have the proper C compiler installed. For Windows, Visual C++ 6.0 is the last supported version, but this is difficult to get hold of now. You can get Visual C++ .Net to work, but it requires some fiddling - you need to check on the PTC support web-site.

If you're still interested in learing Motion then you might consider buying a textbook. We have used SDC Publications "Pro/MECHANICA Motion: Mechanism Design and Analysis" by Kuang-Hua Chang for some of our training courses. Take a look on the Schroff website

There are different versions of the book for each release of the software, so I can't tell you the ISBN. You can order directy from Schroff or go to Amazon to see if the prices are better.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Rod Giles Pro/Mechanica Users Group UK

Reply to
Rod Giles

Rod - Have you or anyone compiled a list of what MDO can't do that Motion can? Does this change at Wildfire 2? Computed Measures??? I finally got MDO in front of me, which I found can be checked by 1- Bringing up an assembly in Pro/E, 2- Go to Application/Mechanism 3- Create a Dynamic Analysis. Without MDO it tells to to (essentially) see your sales guy.

Now I guess I'll have to create a model because so far I can't seem to find anyone able to send me a sample.

-D

Rod Giles wrote:

Reply to
meld_b