pro/mechanica foundation

Hello, I'm a new user of pro/e. I'm learning the 2001 version. In particular I'm interested to make preprocessing with pro/mechanica and export model (completed with constraints, loads, material and mesh) into ansys environment. Are available on the Internet some tutorials to understand the importance to improve the mesh quality and how to do it (in pro/mechanica)? thanks

pikki.

Please excuse me for my not perfect english. I hope I have been clear!

Reply to
pikki73

I guess I'm just completely confused. If you have the ANSYS analysis environment available, what do you need Mechanica for? I thought it did it's own loading, constraining, meshing, etc. You just export the model as STEP or IGES. No?

Well, I googled 'pro/mechanica tutorial' and there seems to be a wealth of stuff, including a tutorial that comes with Mechanica by Roger Toogood. Not too good?

Reply to
David Janes

You're right, but I would like learn step by step. First of all Pro/E and Ansys together seems exagerate. Still, I don't know how to preprocessing with Ansys. Even with tutorials printed and near the pc I don't find the commands written... Ok, I understand it's really better make geometry with pro/e and export in iges format. thanks

pikki73

"David Janes" ha scritto nel messaggio news:Zo7Zd.110626$bu.22054@fed1read06...

Reply to
pikki73