Pro-Mechanica Constraints

Hello,
I'm using Pro-Mechanica at present for the modelling of water storage
tanks, as part of our engineering department's work on low-cost
domestic rainwater harvesting.
Having made solid models of possible tank designs, I now want to apply
suitable constraints for the FEA analysis. Ideally I would like to be
able to constrain the base of the tank such that any displacement
downwards would generate a resistive force that increased with
displacement (probably linearly), but that any displacement upwards
would not generate any resistive external force.
I seem to remember the old Pro-Engineer version of mechanica having a
spring constraint option in the constraint dialogue box, but in
Wildfire the options are now free, constrained, or specified
displacement.
Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks,
Gwilym
Gwilym
Reply to
Gwilym
Yes - I finally found the time to look this up... The spring is an element in independent Wildfire Mechanica (not a constraint) you give it a stiffness under Properties.
In integrated mode you go to Model/Idealizations/Spring and put it in. -D
Gwilym wrote:
Reply to
meld_b