Pro-Mechanica Constraints

Hello,

I'm using Pro-Mechanica at present for the modelling of water storage tanks, as part of our engineering department's work on low-cost domestic rainwater harvesting.

Having made solid models of possible tank designs, I now want to apply suitable constraints for the FEA analysis. Ideally I would like to be able to constrain the base of the tank such that any displacement downwards would generate a resistive force that increased with displacement (probably linearly), but that any displacement upwards would not generate any resistive external force.

I seem to remember the old Pro-Engineer version of mechanica having a spring constraint option in the constraint dialogue box, but in Wildfire the options are now free, constrained, or specified displacement.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Gwilym Gwilym

Reply to
Gwilym

Yes - I finally found the time to look this up... The spring is an element in independent Wildfire Mechanica (not a constraint) you give it a stiffness under Properties.

In integrated mode you go to Model/Idealizations/Spring and put it in.

-D

Gwilym wrote:

Reply to
meld_b