WF3 automatic "new constraint"

WF3 gurus ;)

When assembling components in an assy in WF2, Pro automatically went to a new constraint, if it saw that the part wasn't fully constrained.

Is there a way to force WF3 to do this? I keep having to click "new constraint"

I'm really surprised how many extra mouse clicks are in WF3

Mike Singer

Reply to
Mike

WF3 gurus ;)

When assembling components in an assy in WF2, Pro automatically went to a new constraint, if it saw that the part wasn't fully constrained.

Is there a way to force WF3 to do this? I keep having to click "new constraint"

I'm really surprised how many extra mouse clicks are in WF3

Mike Singer I'm on WF4, don't remember 3. Is it the Dashboard interface yet. On 4, you can just click through constraints up until you get one with "allow assumptions", like an Insert and a Mate. Then you have to go into the dialog, click New Constraint to get the last one. In fact, it's really quite intuitive: every time I want a coincident mate, it gives me an offset and vice versa and angle constraints only when I DON'T want them. To avoid some of the menu picks, I've gotten used to RMBing to get what's avail by context. That's some of the best functionality they've put in there.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

WF3 gurus ;)

When assembling components in an assy in WF2, Pro automatically went to a new constraint, if it saw that the part wasn't fully constrained.

Is there a way to force WF3 to do this? I keep having to click "new constraint"

I'm really surprised how many extra mouse clicks are in WF3

Mike Singer I just realized something after the first posting. Going into the Placement drop down gets you into "next constraint" mode. But, if you stay out of it, just pick constraints, until all are satisfied (indicator?), you'll never have to do the "next constraint" business.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes