Flip arrows ~ another way

This is something I learned on the way to trying (unsuccessfully) to help someone with a detailing problem. Used to be that you could dynamically flip arrows on
dimensions ~ inside/outside, radial/diametral/inside/outside ~ and do it while placing the dimension or even when moving it.
Since WF, I haven't been able to do it and thought this functionality was lost, gone, chucked, baby with the bathwater. Well, I found it again. Now you click and drag to place a dimension. But, as you are doing so with the left mouse button, also click the right mouse button as before and watch the arrows do their flipping routine, as you are dragging the dimension. Very nice.
David Janes

someone
arrows on

while
lost,
click and

button,
flipping
But I could always do it that way even with rel 2001.
: > This is something I learned on the way to trying (unsuccessfully) to help : someone : > with a detailing problem. Used to be that you could dynamically flip : arrows on : > dimensions ~ inside/outside, radial/diametral/inside/outside ~ and do it : while : > placing the dimension or even when moving it. : > : > Since WF, I haven't been able to do it and thought this functionality was : lost, : > gone, chucked, baby with the bathwater. Well, I found it again. Now you : click and : > drag to place a dimension. But, as you are doing so with the left mouse : button, : > also click the right mouse button as before and watch the arrows do their : flipping : > routine, as you are dragging the dimension. Very nice. : > : > David Janes : : But I could always do it that way even with rel 2001. : You could always drag the dimension, holding down the left mouse button in 2001? No, I don't think so, you click to drag and, without holding down any buttons, move the cursor around, then click to place the dimension. In WF, you hold down the LMB to drag the dimension, click to place, but when placed, RMB does nothing. So, I tried the RMB click/switch while I was dragging with the LMB and it flipped the arrows. Are you STILL on 2001? If so, skip WF and go to WF2. Or better yet, keep 2001 and wait for the fully matured product (about WF6?, or however long PTC plans to milk the transition to the full Dashboard).

help
it
was
you
mouse
their
2001?
buttons,
down
nothing.
flipped
yet,
long PTC

In rel 2001 2003010 you lmb click the dimension, lmb click it again holding down the lmb, then drag, and click the rmb to flip the arrows whilst dragging. I know cos I'm doing it right now.
Regarding upgrades, we are a satellite site of a very large corporate organistation, and as such we have to wait until all other sites upgrade before we get the upgrades. It all has to be planned to happen simultaneously because we use a corporate license server connected thru a corporate inter-site lan. We don't have any say on what upgrades we get or when we get them. Unfortunately. But I'm happy with rel 2001, only wish was for flexible parts.
: > : > This is something I learned on the way to trying (unsuccessfully) to : help : > : someone : > : > with a detailing problem. Used to be that you could dynamically flip : > : arrows on : > : > dimensions ~ inside/outside, radial/diametral/inside/outside ~ and do : it : > : while : > : > placing the dimension or even when moving it. : > : > : > : > Since WF, I haven't been able to do it and thought this functionality : was : > : lost, : > : > gone, chucked, baby with the bathwater. Well, I found it again. Now : you : > : click and : > : > drag to place a dimension. But, as you are doing so with the left : mouse : > : button, : > : > also click the right mouse button as before and watch the arrows do : their : > : flipping : > : > routine, as you are dragging the dimension. Very nice. : > : > : > : > David Janes : > : : > : But I could always do it that way even with rel 2001. : > : : > You could always drag the dimension, holding down the left mouse button in : 2001? : > No, I don't think so, you click to drag and, without holding down any : buttons, : > move the cursor around, then click to place the dimension. In WF, you hold : down : > the LMB to drag the dimension, click to place, but when placed, RMB does : nothing. : > So, I tried the RMB click/switch while I was dragging with the LMB and it : flipped : > the arrows. Are you STILL on 2001? If so, skip WF and go to WF2. Or better : yet, : > keep 2001 and wait for the fully matured product (about WF6?, or however : long PTC : > plans to milk the transition to the full Dashboard). : > : : In rel 2001 2003010 you lmb click the dimension, lmb click it again holding : down the lmb, then drag, and click the rmb to flip the arrows whilst : dragging. I know cos I'm doing it right now. : No kidding, didn't know they introduced rev changes in an earlier rev. They were just about to come out with Wildfire, beta approved, date set and they gave you a 'preview' in 2001! Seems strange to switch like that, kind of an off hand way of doing things. Did they say anything, make you feel like you were getting a front row seat. Probably not, dumb question, so how did you find out?
David Janes

flip
do
functionality
Now
do
button in

hold
does
it
better
however
holding
They were

gave you a

way of

front
When we upgraded from 2000i I was told this was new functionality with rel 2001. Did you use rel 2001?
: > : > : > This is something I learned on the way to trying (unsuccessfully) : to : > : help : > : > : someone : > : > : > with a detailing problem. Used to be that you could dynamically : flip : > : > : arrows on : > : > : > dimensions ~ inside/outside, radial/diametral/inside/outside ~ and : do : > : it : > : > : while : > : > : > placing the dimension or even when moving it. : > : > : > : > : > : > Since WF, I haven't been able to do it and thought this : functionality : > : was : > : > : lost, : > : > : > gone, chucked, baby with the bathwater. Well, I found it again. : Now : > : you : > : > : click and : > : > : > drag to place a dimension. But, as you are doing so with the left : > : mouse : > : > : button, : > : > : > also click the right mouse button as before and watch the arrows : do : > : their : > : > : flipping : > : > : > routine, as you are dragging the dimension. Very nice. : > : > : > : > : > : > David Janes : > : > : : > : > : But I could always do it that way even with rel 2001. : > : > : : > : > You could always drag the dimension, holding down the left mouse : button in : > : 2001? : > : > No, I don't think so, you click to drag and, without holding down any : > : buttons, : > : > move the cursor around, then click to place the dimension. In WF, you : hold : > : down : > : > the LMB to drag the dimension, click to place, but when placed, RMB : does : > : nothing. : > : > So, I tried the RMB click/switch while I was dragging with the LMB and : it : > : flipped : > : > the arrows. Are you STILL on 2001? If so, skip WF and go to WF2. Or : better : > : yet, : > : > keep 2001 and wait for the fully matured product (about WF6?, or : however : > : long PTC : > : > plans to milk the transition to the full Dashboard). : > : > : > : : > : In rel 2001 2003010 you lmb click the dimension, lmb click it again : holding : > : down the lmb, then drag, and click the rmb to flip the arrows whilst : > : dragging. I know cos I'm doing it right now. : > : : > No kidding, didn't know they introduced rev changes in an earlier rev. : They were : > just about to come out with Wildfire, beta approved, date set and they : gave you a : > 'preview' in 2001! Seems strange to switch like that, kind of an off hand : way of : > doing things. Did they say anything, make you feel like you were getting a : front : > row seat. Probably not, dumb question, so how did you find out? : : When we upgraded from 2000i I was told this was new functionality with rel : 2001. Did you use rel 2001? : Yep, briefly, middle 2002 to the fall, then got laid off and, after a gap, went on to WF. But the build I used was an earlier one, about 9 mos prior to yours. I'm sure it was the old style, and while I could be wrong (premature senility setting in), the WF functionality was new and different and a little confusing, telling me (by implication) that the 2001 dimensioning stuff hadn't changed. Which is why I think it changed midstream, not at a rev start, either 2001 or Wildfire.
DJ

(unsuccessfully)
dynamically
and
again.
left
arrows
any
you
RMB
and
Or
hand
getting a

rel
went on

yours. I'm

setting
telling me

why I

I guess WF might not be such a shock to my system then when we finally upgrade!
: I guess WF might not be such a shock to my system then when we finally : upgrade! : Not nearly as much as if you'd been one of the first, about a year ago. Since you've been following the questions on this NG, you've got an idea what to expect. And, there's plenty of people that have been through the transition to help you with yours. PTC's even helped out a little with a web browser built into the interface that logs you directly to the User Area of their website where you can find stuff like a Menu Mapper that helps answer 'where did it go', plus tutorials and easy acces to tpis. Also, if you're familiar with Windows applications, it's gotten more like them with the way things work. WF represents a further, though unfinished, evolution in that direction. So, if you've used Desktop or SolidEdge or SolidWorks, the WF methodology will seem familiar.
DJ