Drawings dimensioning anomoly

I'm detailing a section view of a cylinder. I bring in my model dimensions and move them around to get them into nice positions. On larger diameters, sometimes I flip the arrow directions to point inward and put the dimension text on the outside of the extension lines, so my dimension is not sitting on top of my sectioned part. No problems yet. Next, I click on the dimension, go to properties, click the Display button. I turn off both extension lines hitting OK as I leave both dialog boxes. My extension lines have disappeared, but now I have a line that joins both of my inward facing dimension arrows. If I move the text between the arrows, the line goes away. This happens about half the time, but I can't figure out what is causing it or how to get rid of the extra line. Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of this line?

Reply to
Mickey Reilley