and
in
the
#1.
Why not get a network license(s) for SolidWorks and share the seats and the vault?
If casual users are at one site consider VNC run through ssh on puTTY?
If terminal server is going to run SW on your server have the IS guys considered the overhead to the server of doing that? And since SW is so very graphics intensive you may experience an unacceptable slowdown there.
As far as terminal server goes: http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/bugtraq/2003/01/msg00239.html
Bruce Chapman wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (Bruce Chapman) wrote in message

First, I think that there are video limitations for TS...besides, I think that SoWo needs to be running on a local machine rather than over a terminal connection. Second, you could look at replicating the data vault in the second location. Depending on how much data gets changed during the day you should be able to replicate between sites and keep current.
1) Don't even think about using TS - you will regret it 2) Same goes for VNC 3) We have a customer that has miltiple sites that are about 300km apart. They have set up a dedicted WAN link and are happy like the proverbial pig for the last 5(?) years. 4) If you really want to share the licences around - check out www.sentinel.com for information on how the swx network licence can (theoretically - I've never seen this done) work over a http connection. 5) Forget TS!!! 6) Forget VNC!!!

We
two
and
in
the
#1.
thanks guys for all your input.
I have no desire to share the licenses. I only want to gain access to the main servers at headquarters. SWX will run on each box. Bruce Chapman Manager - Product Engineering Rayco Mfg, Inc. www.raycomfg.com