Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Received them in Vermont today!!

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Reply to
kellnerp

Yes. Eastern Massachusetts (almost in SW Corp's back yard). Yesterday.

Reply to
Art Woodbury

bob z. better go see the IT dork.

2004, here we come!!!
Reply to
bob zee

well, bob z. just asked the IT dude this hypothetical question: "if we had the solidworks 2004 CD's right now, how soon could we expect it on our desktops?" this dude told good ol' bob z., "late february, early march." OH MY GOODNESS!!! can you believe this madness? his reasoning; bob z. just had to know, was that he had a server upgrade to perform at christmas time. COME ON PEOPLE!!! what month is this? yes, class, another pop quiz. yes, you in the back. right, it is september. sorry for the unreadable rant, but how would you guys feel about this? bob z. knows that some of you don't really care - you are waiting for sp1.0 anyway. what about the others? if you were ready for swx2004 right now, but was told you can't have it till march of 2004, what would you do? letter of resignation? hunger strike?

Reply to
bob zee

Baseball bat????

Reply to
Dave H

Dude, I think his job should go to India like all the software jobs are going. Chickens are coming home to roost with all this crap about IT geniuses walking on water. They need to learn to move it like the rest of us and work for a living.

Sure glad I'm self-employed and don't have to put up with that crap anymore.

Jay

Reply to
Jay

Bob,

That SUCKS!!! Are you at the mercy of this weenie ??? Unless you're running a network license, upgrading the server is irrelevant.

Time for an attitude adjustment.

Mark

Reply to
MM

Reply to
kellnerp

bob z., Forget the IT guy, perhaps you could make a business rational for the upgrade to your managers. The new features are sure to make a powerful case for improved productivity. With the types of products your company designs I would think the hole charts alone would save enough time to justify having IT spend a few minutes of their precious time installing the upgrade.

We did a "What's really new in SolidWorks 2004" at our last user group meeting - simply flipping through the "What's New" guide and pulling out the new features that didn't get the "Rollout" treatment. Lots of good stuff, plenty of opportunity to save time and money. Running through it at a pretty good clip it took two full hours.

Contact me off-line, I would be happy to share the presentation notes with you (and anyone else for that matter).

richard doyle cox (That'll fool them spammers, eh?)

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Richard,

I got mine today. I love the irony. I'm in no hurry at all to load it...

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger
2004!!!

Is anyone still running 2001 Plus SP6 like me? I have not been satisfied that 2003 was worth upgrading to. I guess its time to jump into the deep end.

Bert

Reply to
Bert

got mine today. ain't gonna install from the cd till Sp0.0 comes out.

-nick e.

Bert quipped:

Reply to
Nick E.

Same here. 2k1+sp6, 2k4 when sure it is stable.

"Bert" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

"Jean Marc BRUN" quipped:

we just moved from 01+/SP6 to 04 on wednesday.

hopefully i didn't f*ck up.

-nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.

Anyone in the midwest receiver theirs yet? I am just outside Milwaukee and have not received mine yet.

Ken

Reply to
CSWP

Got mine up here in NH! Installed and running, have noticed it's a little slower!

Richard Doyle wrote:

Reply to
Peter Cram

I'm still running 2001+ SP0!

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

we received our CDs on Friday. Not ready to install just yet. Bruce Chapman Manager - Product Engineering Rayco Mfg, Inc.

Bruce Chapman