NT XP networking with SWX

Currently run 10 independent seats of SWX03sp2.1 on workstations utilizing Windows 2000. All files are saved via a network to servers running NT4.0sp6. All files are opened with referenced files opening read-only. System works well for us.

We have just purchased a new workstation that has XP on it. Loaded SWX03sp2.1 on it and tested file saves to the servers. Result:

"Warning: Delayed Write Failed. Window was unable to save all the data for the file. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere."

This result is sporadic. Does NOT ALWAYS exhibit.

If anyone out there can provide guidance, it would be greatly appreciated. Bruce Chapman Manager - Product Engineering Rayco Mfg, Inc.

Bruce Chapman

Go here - it may be your answer.

"Delayed Write Failed" Error Message When You Write a File to a Server

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thank you Wayne. I appreciate it. And my IT man will too! Bruce Chapman Manager - Product Engineering Rayco Mfg, Inc.

Bruce Chapman