Proe 2001 - wont run on Win XP

Hello. I'm the proud owner of Proe 2001 which I purchased in 2001, Foundation pack (no surface module). Unfortunately I can only run the progam on my Windows 2000 drive and not at all on Windows XP which is pretty annoying to be honest.

Anyone out there had a similar problem, or ideally can you offer a solution? Thanks in advance,

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Rees

I am running Pro/E 2001 and Wildfire 2.0 both on Win XP with no problems. They actually a lot better on XP then on 2000. Make sure that you have Win XP Professional and at least 1 gig of ram.

Reply to
Brooke

Sounds like you have an old cut. If your support is up to date, mail PTC and ask for a cut which will work on XP

there are pirate patches available, but you'd be better off staying legit if your copy is legit.

Reply to
John Wade

Martin,

You need XP Professional, Pro/E won't run on XP Home Edition

C.Pham

Reply to
C.Pham

Proe 2001 runs just fine on Home Edition.

Geoff

Reply to
g.ormesher

Yes I do have an old cut John, it's the original which came with the first years subscription. I cannot afford the maintenance, so I guess I will have to look for this pirate patch.

Does it matter on which eye this patch is worn? . Hmm ;-]

Reply to
Martin

I understand the file you want is called Indptc.exe

Reply to
John Wade

Any suggestion to where I might locate such a file?

Reply to
Martin Rees