Tyre tread

Hello.

I am modelling various iterations of wheelchair designs using proe 2001 without a surface module.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to model a tyre tread at all. Can anyone offer some guideance on this plese?

I understant that I could use a texture to do this as the tread is for pictorial reasons only, so if this is the only way forward, can anyone point me in the right direction so that I can obtain such texture files if available?

Many thanks in advance,

Martin.

Reply to
Martin

You can also do it as a solid with 'Insert>Advanced>Toroidal Bend'.

To begin with, you need a thin oblong. I'm not sure if the width matters but the length should be pi*D. This can be a surface or a solid. Then do the command, pick

360 for the degrees and pick the solid/surface feature. It will want two more things: a sketch of the "tire" profile (thru the center of rotation) and the sketch plane and plane parallel to define the ends of what is bent. If you want to get fancy, put a tread on it first, but start with something simple till it all hangs together.
Reply to
David Janes