Controlling wheelchair from computer

Hi,

I am embarking on a project where I wish to control an electric wheelchair via a software application.

The joystick on the chair is made up of 2 pots that provide variable voltage between 0 and 2.4vdc. When the chair is not moving both wipers measure

1.2vdc.

I am presuming that I could sumply get a dual digital pot that can be controlled from the serial port of a pc.

Could someone verify this and if so what parts can you suggest and whether they might be available in Australia.

Thanks

Reply to
Matthew Fox

--Check out omnicircus.com. There's a guy there by the name of Frank Garvey who has done this. OBTW he's teaching an upcoming class thru UCB Extension in San Francisco, CA called "Kinetic Sculpture Electronics" which covers this amongst other things..

Reply to
steamer