computer control via I/O board

Hello, I've already succeeded in using the PC joystick port for input. Works great, but I've outgrown it. Is there a good source (price and selection) of I/O boards/modules for PCs? Initially, I need a device where I can control 12 outputs (open/closed), and have 16 inputs (open/closed). Nothing too fancy yet. With an I/O controller in the PC (ISA, PCI, ...) obviously, I will have quite the ribbon cable to my project. Is there some sort of I/O module that connects to the serial port of a PC?

-with thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike Scott

Take a look at Boondog [

] I have used the 8255 PC Interface card. 24 binary I/O ports. May need two for your application.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Hewitt

There is one which connects to the parallel port. The Velleman K8000.

support from k8000 owners
It has 16 Open/Close channels. So you would need two of these K8000's.

Maybe the K8000 is to much for you. It also has 9 Digital to Analog channels. And 4 Analog to Digital channels. Bit expencive if you do not need them. :-) Costs about 100 euro per K8000. And you have to build it yourself.

Reply to
hihihi