Chlorine resistance of various polymers?

We use a variety of polymer components in manufacture of our lighting fixtures, mainly polycarbonate and PMMA but also some PET/PETG. We often get asked by our customers as to the suitability of these for use in lighting swimming pool environments where there is always a presence of chlorine in the ambient air. Does anyone have any good links to information as to the chlorine resistance of these materials at ambient temperatures of typically 25°-40°C? Many thanks in advance.

JB

Reply to
JB
1.Google-Search for "Chemical resistance of PC PMMA PET"
2.Have a look at:
3.Ask your plastic supplier for specific > We use a variety of polymer components in manufacture of our lighting
Reply to
Rolf Wissmann

Many thanks. JB

JB

JB: First and foremost you need to ask the question in terms of direct or indirect exposure and the concentration of the choride in solution. Most condensation polymers are susceptible to pH ranges on both sides ot the scale. PET, PC, Acetals are all prone to either acid or basic environments and adversely affect IV and Mn,Mw of the polymer. Therefore, if you want chlorine resistence you need to stick with a polyolefin. Chlorine resistence tables are available in any good Plastic Handbook.=20

JW

Reply to
magicjoe