soy oil

please tell me the method for the curing of soy oil...

Reply to
anshu.dev22

Soy oil is a mixture of oils, mainly linolenic, linoleic and oleic oil. The first of these is a drying oil, which means that in the presence of oxygen, it will oxidize and cure. The mechanism is rather complex as there are three different double bonds in the chain that are the reaction sites, and I would be surprised if ALL of the details are in place.

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek

thanh u john

but can u sugest me some hardeners or catalyst for these.

anshu

Reply to
annie

Cobalt octanoate or cobalt naphthenate plus air.

The degree of consecutive unsaturation (linoleic and linolenic glycerides) is coupled to the kinetics of cure and the quality of the resulting film. Linseed oil (boiled), tung oil, walnut oil (sun bleached)... give quite good films. As with all things Enviro-whiner, soy oil as such is shoddy. When it is chemically modified to be acceptable it is no longer "natural," but it is still a tax dodge.

Rhus oils (Japanese lacquer; Rhus vernicifera, Rhus verniciflua, ) cure (urusiols are the primary reactive components) by laccase enzymatic oxidation in air then sidechain oxidation and crosslinking. They form extraodinary flms but can only be cured in (consecutive) thin layers. Incomplete cure leads to contact allergic reactions (Nixon in China and the freshly varnished toilet seats).

Reply to
Uncle Al

Usually "driers" are used. Theses siccatives are based on oil-soluble metal salts. Google should give you more information.

Regards, Oliver

Reply to
Oliver 'Ojo' Bedford

Richard Nixon/Frank Gannon Interviews, May 13, 1983 [Day 5 of 9] [Richard Nixon]

And I would say that, in terms, though, of my bathroom, I had no problems, and I was surprised when some of the members of the staff and the press were complaining about developing some sort of rash after using the bathrooms and so forth. And apparently what had happened was that our hosts traditionally--this happens in the U.S., too. I remember so well that Mrs. Nixon and I always had such a terrible time going into little towns, and even big towns, and find that they'd repainted their best suites and the rest, and the smell of the--the paint just practically knocks you down. And Jack Kennedy told me he had the same problem in 1960 when he was campaigning. But in this case, our Chinese hosts--they had--they had painted, and lacquered, as a matter of fact, the toilet seats, and so, as a result, people got on the toilet seats, and they developed a rash. Ours--that did not happen. I had no rash. And, incidentally, I am subject to allergies, so I am delighted that our hosts hadn't done it to that one.

Clinton Wylie