polymers

how is the epoxide equivalent weight is related to other properties of a polymer.

Reply to
annie

It's impossible to give a meaningful answer to that question.

If you don't know anything else about the resin the EEM is simply a measure for the concentration of epoxy functions.

Oliver

Reply to
Oliver 'Ojo' Bedford

hi oliver

thanks for replying me..but still i think tthat with variation in epoxide equivalent some properties may vary..

Reply to
annie

Of course there is a correlation between epoxid content and properties, e.g. in the case of Bisphenol A resins, a direct correlation of the average molecular weight (and viscosity) with EEM. And then everything which correlates with mol weight will correlate with epoxy content. But the epoxy equivalent is just _one_ number, it really is not sufficient to describe the resin.

Oliver

Reply to
Oliver 'Ojo' Bedford

again thanks oliver...that means as the epoxide equivalent value increases simultaneously the viscosity as well as the molecular weight increases...is it right.

can u please tell me the relation between amine value and the active hydrogen equivalent weight of a epoxy hardener..

Reply to
annie

hi oliver

hope ur fine..u didnt reply for my query

again asking u is ther any relation between amine value and the active