Wheelchair motor needed

Where do knackered electric wheelchairs go to die?

I'm looking for an electric wheel chair motor. The type that is a motor and gearbox to drive a single wheel (rather than the mobility scooter type that have an axle to both wheels)

This is for mechanical hobby experimentation. I'd quite happily take the whole chair in whatever condition but I just need a working motor/gearbox please. Can collect in a reasonable radius of the Southampton area (not IOW!) Thanks in advance

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi Bob

I've obtained motors and gearboxes from Fleinns Medicare Ltd Unit 8, The Dean Estate, Wickham Road, Fareham.

I've no idea if they still exist but you can give them a try. They moved to this address from The Boatyard Industrial Estate, Fareham so ignore any me ntion of the old address online. I last visited them 3-4 years ago.

The arrangement I made was that I dismantled and removed any parts I wanted from whatever was in the skip at the time, in return for a donation to the tea/coffee fund. Make sure any motors you get have got their brushes beca use I've found that they remove the brushes as spares - just ask for them b ack if they are missing.

cheers

Toby Fareham

Reply to
Toby

Perhaps a bit obvious, but wheelchair motors with gearboxen turn up

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Thanks Toby, that sounds like the sort of deal I'm after!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I saw those Peter but was being a bit tight as I'll be experimenting and not sure if one will do the job so skip diving to get one to play with and should that work out, I'd not mind shelling out some of my pension on an ebay one to make a pucker version of my project.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob, can you help an over the pond person with what a "pucker version" means? lol

Jim A

Reply to
Jimmy Alpha GeD

Pucker version would be a final version, proper version etc Not to be confused with "pucker moment or pucker factor" related to risky situations leading to personal buttock clenching which I think is equally used on either side of the pond.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thank you, as I was thinking perhaps arse clenching you had me baffled Bob. lol

Jim

Reply to
Jimmy Alpha GeD

It's prolly supposed to be spelt pukka, from the Hindi/Urdu word "pukka" literally meaning "cooked, ripe" and figuratively meaning "fully formed", "solid", "permanent".

Came to mean "correct, real, genuine, proper" in colonial India.

-- Peter F

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

+1