Where to get electric motor

Where should I look to get a 1/4 HP cap start single phase 220v motor to replace the clapped out one (nasty noises and smell of ozone) at present on my lathe?

Any hints/tips/pointers/offers .... all welcomed.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Grimwood

Where are you?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

When the washing machine did that it was just pleading for new brushes!

I do have a motor to that sort of spec, which runs OK. Think its a "GEC" - I'm near Blackpool if you are close you could take a look see what you think.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Steve/Brian

(Sorry for delay in reply, Daughter giving birth etc - all rather fraught!) I am near Sudbury, Suffolk - AKA turnip country .. Blackpool a little far to go .. any chance of an image? Peter

Reply to
Peter Grimwood