1/16" mild steel rod

Evening chaps.
I am searching for 1/16" mild steel round rod. Anybody know where I can buy some? I need only eight inches immediately, but a couple of feet of it to go
into stock would be handy. My local model engineering shop only has silver steel and stainless steel in that size; while an hour spent trawling the internet has been fruitless. I really don't fancy trying to turn down 1/8" in a lathe.
Cliff Coggin Kent
On 21/12/15 19:01, Cliff Coggin wrote:

Would something like 1.6mm CCMS (Copper Coated Mild Steel) welding rod do for the job. I've got a pack in the garage but I'm not near Kent. You might find a local welding supplier or welder might have some around and give you a length. Mine is from when I did oxy acetylene welding but I expect TIG filler will be similar. Ebay has loads if you search for "1.6 CCMS" .
"David Billington" wrote in message
On 21/12/15 19:01, Cliff Coggin wrote:

Would something like 1.6mm CCMS (Copper Coated Mild Steel) welding rod do for the job. I've got a pack in the garage but I'm not near Kent. You might find a local welding supplier or welder might have some around and give you a length. Mine is from when I did oxy acetylene welding but I expect TIG filler will be similar. Ebay has loads if you search for "1.6 CCMS" .
Thanks David. They look suitable, particularly once I have rubbed the copper off.
Cliff.