1/16" mild steel bar

I'm trying to find a source of 1/16" diameter mild steel rod. The big stockists don't seem to go below 1/8". I could get silver steel or
piano wire but they are hard to bend - I need malleable matrial. Alternatively, is it possible to anneal piano wire?

big
Same advice as before to anneal piano wire - tension it and get it above the currie point by passing a heavy current though it (cherry red) - let it cool slowly by reducing the current.
But as someone else said - gas welding rod comes as 1/16th
AWEM

less Chilli powder in mine please :-)
--
Roland Craven