Change Default Scale In Sketcher 2001i

How do you change the scale of the sketch when starting a new sketch? When creating the first sketch of a part the dimensions typically start at 500 inches. The parts I make are about 5 ". One work-around is to zoom way in, but I want sketcher to start in the approximate size of the parts I create.

TIA

Reply to
Edge

Do you use start part? I forget what the practice was in 2000i, but if you do, you can create an initial, sized datum feature, a datum curve the length or square size of your world. Then put it on a layer and blank it. This initial sketched feature should cause the datums to resize. If they don't do so automatically, the first datum plane can be redefined with maybe 'Edit>References' and Fit geometry. Sorry, there's nothing slicker than this. A 'world size' that's setable has been requested for years. See if someone has recently submitted this as an enhancement request, because, even though this is all easier in WF2, we still don't have such a configuration option.

Reply to
David Janes