DLL problems on NT machine

Hi,

After unsuccessfully trying to replace Adobe Acrobat 5 with 6, I had to uninstall 6 and return to 5.

This operation has now created hell with ProE which refuses to run. The messages I get on starting are NMSQ.exe [then followed by NMSD.exe and XTOP.exe] entry point not found, ??@YAPAXI@Z could not be located in dynamic link library MSVCRT.DLL.

I've tried reinstalling proe but the same error continues. All my other progs appear to work ok.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks

Reply to
kenny

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

No, David, NT does not have the system restore. I think it first appeared in Windows 2000. So unfortunately any dumbass uninstall program can wipe out or replace NT system files without any resistance or error messages. Which, it appears, is exactly what happened to Kenny.

Reply to
Alex Sh.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I've had the system files 'repaired' to the extent that the machine does not complain about this dll on startup as it did previously. All the other installed progs appear to be working ok. I've reinstalled proe and the licence manager but still the same error. The next step could be drastic in having to wipe everything clean and reinstall NT, but I can't see how this will be any different from what has already been done. The reinstall of proe was into a different partition, but there are some older versions still on the machine, I wonder if all this needs to be removed as well - but why should it be looking at a different directory?

Reply to
kenny

David,

Go to

and install msvcrt.dll in C:\Winnt\System32.

Greg

Reply to
Greg Grotyohann