dimensioning help PLEASE PLEASE

I am trying to offset dimension extension lines. I am doing this in a drawing. Im sure that its a simple thing and Im pretty new to Solidworks (2003) sp0. Please help and thank you very much

similar to this (I hope it posts well). If you have a tappered cutout and the angle is very small, I need to detail the bottom (narrowest) part. If i do this with a normal dimension the extension lines cover the object lines and it makes it look like they are pointing to the top of the angle. Is this possible without haveing to draw little lines, dimension and then override the dim text.

Reply to
BA

click on the dimension, and drag the #'s where you want them there will be green dots on the ends of the witness lines click on dot, and drag the end of the witness line to where you want it

Reply to
Michael

Hello Thanks for your input but that dosent work. All it does is move the witness line attachment along the axis of the line. I want it to be bent like I drew in the diagram. Do you know wjat I mean? Thank you

Reply to
BA