Dimensioning Help

There will be a very easy answer to this.....

For some reason Autocad is now asking me to enter the dimension text. The dimension is then made up of individual parts.

When I try to change the point I want to dimension I can't select the dim as a whole entity.

What settings have I inadvertantly altered??

Reply to
rob

Thanks Roy,

'Exploding' pointed me in the right direction.

I had the 'DIMASSOC' system variable set to 0

(Using AutoCad 2006)

Cheers,

Reply to
rob

why is autocad exploding your dimensions, is the question. I am on release 2000, so you may have "options" I do not have.

but I am not finding anything that automatically explodes dimensions as I draw them.

hope that helps.

roy

Reply to
roy

Look up dimaso. You probably have it turned off.

roy wrote:

Reply to
JG