Help!

Hello and apologies. First time here.

Apologies 'cause I am now using/learning Solid Edge. Seems there is no newsgroup for 'it'.

Over my objections the big guys decided to go with Solid Edge, because that's what the parent Co uses. (German)

Still the two seem similiar.

My ? is;

Somehow I've got stuck in the mode where I can't modify a Dim without it going to the 'not to scale' thing. The part will not change, just the text of the Dim, with a line under it. As a long time drafter, I understand that notation.

All the settings seem right. All the right boxes are cheched.

Any help, but find a new job?

.
Reply to
melissa stevens

The usual reason for that is that whatever you are dimensioning is constrained so that adding the dim is meaninless. Check your constraints. Also check whether the dimension is locked or not.

melissa stevens wrote:

Reply to
TOP

And if you do not pay Solid Edge maintenance or your company won't allow you access to the UGS site for some reason, you can find a active Solid Edge group at the address below, but the UGS group is much more active.

Reply to
ken

Many of your answers can be answered by SolidWorks users because SolidWorks uses 2D DCM, 3D DCM, CDM, and AEM which are all licensed from UGS.

haulin79

Melissa, the two programs are very similar. But IMO, you'll always have a strong preference for the one you learned first. (I started with Edge.)

As to your question, it sounds as though you are working in the .prt environment, and not the .dft environment. Is this correct?

I've got Edge loaded on this machine, so if you've been unable to reach the UGS newsgroups, I'll be happy to help if I can.

GD

Reply to
TheGearDaddy