Re: Garlicdude

Steve,

> >Have you considered that "having zero experience with parametric >modeling" might be a good thing at this point? > >It's technology that's very dated and no one till now has been able to >come up with something that's better and complete enough for most >users. > >It's technology that has never been able to deal with imported non- >native geometry very well. > >It's technology that isn't very good if you have to modify a complex >model that someone else has created. > >Its regeneration times can suck the life out of a user. > >The complex file relations and dependencies that it creates often are >an absolute nightmare. > >Who needs all this bullshit? They only people that need it are on an >ego trip and think they are expert users. I've made a lot of money >with knowledge I have of it. It certainly helped in getting the job I >now have but I've never deluded myself into thinking there wasn't a >better way or that it didn't have serious shortcomings.

Is Solid Edge not a parametric modeler?

I'll have a lot more to say when Solid Edge with S/T is released.

You seem to have so much to say right now even though you have never seen the program live let alone any seat time or an opportunity to evaluate it.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Who came first?

(March 21, 2008 CATIA)

(April 22, 2008 Siemens)

(June 15, 2008 CATIA)

Reply to
brewertr

Hooo boy!! jonnie in twoooouble!

First Siemens is actually SECOND, even if you don't count that they copied all that stuf that already exists, and then they go and lay off a whole town of people!

Ho, jonnie boy, what's gonna become of your predictions now?

Daisy

** Posted from
**
Reply to
DaisyFlower

Just about what always happens. Jon will blame somebody else for his own ignorance, claim he was lied to and then go off on a months long stream of profane posts. I find it highly amusing that Jon's strategy for promoting his blob comes down to spamming the very newsgroups he claims are useless and low traffic.

Apparently they have at least one use.

LMAO

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Sometimes it's best to allow Jon-the-CAD/CAM-BS'er time to rant and rave a bit before offering him Clues.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Reply to
brewertr

Videos & buzzwords, Jon needs videos & new buzzwords.

A poor choice of words on my part I think. It may be closer to the point if I said I prefer not to let Jon's BS go uncontested.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Isn't SE a parametric modeler?

Isn't SE a parametric modeler?

Isn't SE a parametric modeler?

Isn't SE a parametric modeler?

Isn't SE a parametric modeler?

Isn't SE a parametric modeler?

You promised to post machining help on your site this weekend. Did you fail to live up to your promise again?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Jon,

See you dropped your claim UG is the first and only company with this technology and your claim they are years ahead of anyone else. .....LOL.....your welcome for the hit on the head since you ignored others who gave you free clues.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Cliff, you're a little moron, and that's no joke.

Reply to
madcadman

5.5 million licensed seats is sucking at sales and marketing? [ Siemens PLM Software (UGS), a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with 5.5 million licensed seats ] -Siemens website-

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Terrible aren't they...

LOL

Reply to
John R. Carroll

5.5 million licensed seats is sucking at sales and marketing? [ software and services with 5.5 million licensed seats ] -Siemens website-

Actually Jon the technology is not new and Siemens/UGS was not first. Major announcement this year by CATIA on V6 was made in January 2008 , Siemens announced April 2008.

(March 21, 2008 CATIA)

(April 22, 2008 Siemens)

(June 15, 2008 CATIA)

What You Tube shows is CATIA & Siemens look the same.

Even if that means Siemens will not share these enhancements of Parasolid with it's customers.

Seems Siemens views SolidWorks who is licensed to use their Parasolid kernel as competitors now instead of a customer and are no longer willing to share enhancements to Parasolid with any of their licensed wholesale customers.

Nope not even close, if abandoned by Parasolid they will move on.

brewertr

That's what they say, the features as they describe them however leaves me a little skeptical that it's just a layer sitting on top.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr