Help with Aztek 4709

Hi everyone,

I've started using an airbrush about 2 weeks ago. I got a used Aztek

4709 which didn't have the video, but was otherwise in excellent condition...

I'm having a bit of a problem with the double action switch. The instruction sheet isn't very clear. What EXACTLY are you supposed to do to get the double action properly set up? Here's what I do, based on what the seller told me:

1) roll the knob all the way to the left, while pushing down on the trigger. 2) roll it gently to the right until paint flows freely 3) roll it back to the left until paint stops flowing

after the 3rd step, do I roll the knob to the left and lock it there? or do I lock it to the right? Or am I just doing everything wrong??!

Any pointers from Aztek users would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
NECROSCOPE

You leave it where it is and you control paint flow with the trigger.

Reply to
[SM04]Serge D. Grun

Pressing the trigger up and down controls the airflow. Pulling it back and forth controls the paint flow. The roller on the back is there so you can place limits on the paint flow.

To use it in single action mode, turn it all the way to the right. Now, you have a paint flow that doesn't vary no matter how much you pull back on the trigger. This is best for learning and for covering large areas with an even coat.

To set it up for full double action, turn the roller all the way to the left. You are now in complete control. The more you pull back, the more paint it spits out. As you get better with the airbrush, this is the setting you want to use for detail work. You can more easily vary a finsh while spraying. Good for fade jobs and soft edge camo.

You can also use settings in the middle. If the paint flow isn't heavy enough all the way to the right, turn it left a bit, and it'll spit more at a time. Play with it a while to get the hang of adjusting it to where you want it.

NECROSC>Hi everyone,

Reply to
Barry