ISO instead of ANSI

I just reinstalled 2006. For some reason the default new parts and assemblies are ISO even though I chose ANSI. Anyone else see this?

Reply to
TOP

Yes. What's even worse is that someone at SW doesn't understand the difference between 3rd and 1st angle projections. Check your default drawing templates and also check the default for the 4 view viewport.

Why is a Boston company so Eurocentric? You can tell from your serial number what country your software is meant for. It would be at least a decent starting assumption to make ANSI the default for USA serial numbers, and ISO / DIN default for Euro serial numbers.

matt

Reply to
matt

Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum.

Reply to
TOP

pardon? =========================================================================== Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

It's a quote from Cicero.

Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system.

Reply to
TOP

Thanks for elucidating. =========================================================================== Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

Ya, Cicero Cad is our var too. Not much help either.

Reply to
Diego

Nihil -- from which we get nothingness est-- from which we get is incertius-- from which we get uncertain vulgo-- from which we get vulgar, but in latin refers to the mob nihil -- obscurius-- from which we get obscure voluntate-- from which we get volunteer but which meant opinion or perhaps that offered up freely and perhaps worthless because of it. hominum--, from which we get public, persons, people nihil-- fallacius-- from which we get fallacious but which mean deceptive ratione-- from which we get rational, but hear means thinking and with fallacius may mean wrong thinking. tota-- from which we get total, but which meant the whole comitiorum--. from which we get committee, but which meant a system in the sense of a group of people.

OK, so I didn't take Latin, but it is amazing, first that words in use

2,000 years ago still can be made to yield meaning in modern English, and second, that Cicero was and is still right on and third that Latin grammar is very compact. :).
Reply to
TOP

"TOP" wrote in news:1140534531.017084.67340 @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Dude, eschew obfuscation, ok?