Tutorial Help SW 2008

Am I missing something? I am reading the tutorial on Design Tables and hit a dead end. This is where I am at:

You can change individual dimension names. Renaming dimensions is especially useful when you plan to use a design table. You use the dimension names to identify the elements you plan to change, and as headings in the design table worksheet.

Right-click the Knob diameter dimension (70) in the graphics area, and select Properties.

In the dialog box, select the text in the Name box and type in a new name, knob_dia.

Notice that Full name updates as you type.

When I right click the dimension (70), I am stumped as to where this "Property" field is. Do they mean Property/Manager? This tab is auto- selected at this point. No where on this tab does it have a name box, nor in the dialog box that appears.

Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks!

Reply to
mechdesign2k4

" snipped-for-privacy@implantsciences.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

In the bad old days (2007), there was a "Properties" entry in the context menu that showed up when you right clicked on a dimension. In the resulting properties dialog, you can see and change the dimension name.

William.

Reply to
William Wicker

"William Wicker" wrote in message news:Do-dnVTR2PrUSyvVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.internetamerica...

In 2008 you now left -click the dim and you will see the box in the PM labeled Primary Value.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I appreciate the feedback, but I am still confused. When I select a dimension with the left mouse button the PM changes, but again, I see no entry box labeled, Name.

Reply to
mechdesign2k4

What version of SW are you running?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Sorry, I thought it was in the original thread. I am working with Solidworks 2008

Reply to
mechdesign2k4

when you select a dimension, the properties manager changes to dimension. on the value tab there is a dialog box stating "primary value". you will see something like "D1@Sketch1" change the D1 to the name you want. show the names by going to the tool/options/ general page. third item down is the "show dimension names". this will show you the dimension names in a sketch. iQ

Reply to
iQ