Dimension query

Under my dimension is a (D1) underneath. Every dimension I enter has a (D#).

Its getting irritating. How do I disable this and what is it for?

Reply to
john gaskell

The D# is the dimension name in SolidWorks. When you create a design table, the table is linked back to the specific dimensions by their names.

To turn this off, go to Tools: System Options: General: and uncheck "Show dimension names"

Solidworks will still name the dimensions, it is in the dimension's properties dialog, but you won't have to look at it on your screen all the time.

Reply to
yawdro