How do rev tables work?

I have some custom properties in my drawing. When I insert the rev table, the headings come in, but not the information from my custom properties. The information I fill into the rev table goes back into my properties. This is backwards. It would be nice if it would create a new revision row if it saw a different rev level than the last row's rev. Is there some logic I'm missing? The help is no help.

Also, if I select a column then change it to custom property, it doesn't take the info from the custom property. In addition, if I select that same column again, the properties box is blank. What the heck?

___________________ Todd Bennett Celerity Group, Inc snipped-for-privacy@celerity.net

Reply to
T Bennett

Funny thing: I've asked this question twice now (slightly different). Nobody seems to know how rev tables work. It could be I'm not giving enough time for a response, however, it looks like I'm the resident expert.

Therefore, in my expert opinion, I'd say there is no logic built into rev tables, where custom properties are concerned. They just look pretty, and are a bit easier to use than embedded objects. That's not really a negative statement. I like them far better than Excel rev tables. They lock into position, can have a dimension for height and width, and are easily edited.

___________________ Todd Bennett Celerity Group, Inc snipped-for-privacy@celerity.net

Reply to
T Bennett

They do seem to be broken. It seems to be possibly to link to a custom property or a dimension, but it just doesn't work. Have you asked your VAR whether or not this is supposed to work?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

You know, I never ask my VAR anything. This group is supreme in SolidWorks knowledge.